Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On a Lighter Note

After days of angsty, advice-seeking posts, I thought it was time for something funny. I found this humor article ("Coffee Date's Hidden Thoughts—Revealed!") by Mark Miller on the Huffington Post today and found it to be wonderfully accurate. I've gone on a number of dates like the one in the piece, though, fortunately, my rejects (including all of the ones I've rejected on the dating site before even contacting or meeting them) could only fill the stands at a high school gym and not a baseball stadium.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Ha! That's hilarious. And then I realized that, when I am ready (and only when I am ready), I will be re-entering the world of awkward coffee dates.

Oh that is so not exciting right now...

Fellmama said...

Ah, so true.

Anna said...

Katie, have you discovered this blog yet?

http://cantbelievehesstillsingle.blogspot.com/

It's, well, priceless...

Anna said...

I came up with a new term today! A "vulture" is someone who waits until your single before moving in on you like a target. This just happened to me, where a guy I dated a couple years ago tried to move in after my Facebook status changed to single. Icky.

Katie said...

I finally got a chance to look at "I Can't Believe He's Still Single" today and all I can say is… wow. There are some real keepers on there, that's for sure!