Sunday, November 9, 2008

Craigslist = Instant source of …?

If you're not actually looking for anything serious, Craigslist is certainly, um, interesting. After my initial foray into the world of Craigslist personals in the spring, I wasn't exactly thrilled with my prospects there. However, I've been meaning to look back into it, for a diversion, if nothing else.

Diversion indeed. Here are some of the subject lines on the "Men seeking women" section that were posted in the last few hours:

• I would like to be kissed by a geek - 25
• Latent homosexual fantasies/desires and cunning linguist - 45
• NAUGHTY SOCIAL CHANGE ACTIVIST - 42 - (somewhere SPICY)
• I Don't Have To Work Tomorrow! Drinks? - 32
• like a challenge? 500 roses..read this one!
• My Name is Whitney, and I'd Like You to Meet My Dad
• ROMANTIC ENGLISH KNIGHT SEEKS HIS PRINCESS TO SWEEP OF HER FEET :-) - 22
• I won't send you pictures of my genitals. Honest. - 34
• Professional ARTIST seeks ARTIST/ MUSE for amazing adventures - 32
• educated, professional toker seeks smart partner in crime - 30
• Slave Wanted, benefits - rent, food and a damn good lifestyle - 32 - (cage)
• Foreign, handsome, cultured toyboy in exchange for board - 19
• Petite, Slender Cutie With Perky Booty? Happy Funny Hipster For You! - 44


Here's one last ad, shown in its entirety, for you to contemplate:

Subject line: Dense as Dostoyevsky
Ad: Saturated with the noise and in dire need for the silence of lust, malfunctioning brain, long legs, scanning eyes, muted munchian scream, girl.
Functional android, looking for new memories.

2 comments:

Fellmama said...

I'd go for the no genitals guy. He understands what he's working with here.

Ily said...

I have to agree with Mary on this one...although the functional android is a close second.