Thursday, November 6, 2008

Older Men

I know many women who like to date guys who are older; however, older usually means 3-5 years. It does not mean "old enough to be my father."

So, that said, why oh why is my profile so regularly looked at by men who fit into that "father" category? Do they really think that a 24 year-old is really going to date someone twice her age? Urgh. Plus, I know women in their 30s and 40s who can't find men who want to date them because those guys are going after 20-somethings like me.

It's times like this when I find myself agreeing with Avenue Q's Kate Monster when she says, "I HATE men! I'm leaving! I HATE the internet!"

3 comments:

Fellmama said...

Maybe there's a proportionately larger group of younger than older women on the dating site? I'm sure there are already more men than women.

Katie said...

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot more younger women than older women on the site. You're probably right about the proportion of men to women, and I'd be curious to know the exact breakdown of demographics.

v.-marie said...

i'm 30something and there are many guys in the age of 30something who are single. because most of them leave there families to get free.

but it's right, there are many older guys who wants to date a young girl. in german it calls "Zweiter Frühling" (second spring).

in the face of my own age, it was impossible get together with a guy in the same age. finally: who wants a licked off old man.